Lesson learned and recommendations for further support
- To secure sustainability there are three key factors:
- Independent iHUBs based on local Private Public Partnerships;
- No free services, partly payment on all services from day one;
- Building local management capacity from day one.
- Great need of entrepreneurial services in smaller cities to reduce local “brain drain” and in conflict areas in east to bring back optimism and change mind-set.
- Great need of international oriented entrepreneurial services in larger cities to avoid “brain drain”.
- Great need of more market-oriented entrepreneurial mind-set and student trainings in universities.
- Great need of more commercial thinking and interdisciplinary teamwork to commercialize technology at universities and research institutes.
- A potential for increased business cooperation between countries by offering “soft-landing” services (guest office and basic services) in iHUBs.